Facts about the Norwegian Millitary Navy

3 replies
Votes:
+221
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Online on Site
Some days ago, Norway experienced a huge dissaster - materialwise - when they lost a 4 billion NOK (4 milliarder NOK) navy frigate. Cause of navigation issues, they ram into a civilian oil-tanker. Luckily no casualties!

Today was a press-conference, where they (Norwegian Navy) claimed they had mismatched the oiltanker with a landbased stationairy radar-beacon - as the reason why they did not change their course.

Never EVER has this youtube video shown how arrogant some military ppl can be ;)

Video is only about a minute long, and ironically shows the navigationskills of Norwegian Navy ;)

Enjoy :d

PS! Enable sound - that's crucial! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYsdUgEgJrY&fbclid=IwAR35aaofWQDNR0n93DMYLAs7yyqJvhtzWX9xLLm2ZXQE937zu8-jxl_NBEQ
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
I know this scenario as a JOKE, but this is the first time Ive seen it like this.
And even I knew how its gonna end up I really enjoy it , :d
TX J.
:evil: Farming to maximuM :evil:
Posted Nov 29, 18 · Last edited Nov 29, 18
Votes:
+221
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Online on Site
This joke from years ago really REALLY came up for real here a few days ago :)

It really happened. A norwegian frigate was doing navigation training, and was told by VHF radio to move - or they would collide. They did not, and they collided.

And, REALLY, on today's press conference they said that they thought the radar-beacon was a land-mark...... Rest is news :)

Source:
https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/oRO2XB/havarikommisjonen-helge-ingstad-trodde-tankskipet-var-en-terminal-paa-land

The headline says: "Thought the tanker was an oil-terminal"........
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 29, 18
Votes:
+221
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Online on Site
Updated the first post with source :)
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP
Top Posters
NoticeNotices