Gameplay the next few weeks

6 replies
Votes:
+221
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Online on Site
FS19 has run for a few days now, and we have got to know the two default stock maps a bit.

There have been a few questions about how to proceed from here, and the original idea was to "start from scratch" (ie. Hard setting) after we had tested both the two maps.

However, with small maps like the standard ones, starting all over - on "hard" setting - will just set us all back to zero, with a ton of field- and mission-grinding - literally doing the same thing over again, only at a much slower pace.

Based on this and a few other things, the conclusion is that we will just keep the current game/map running as it is. This means noone will loose their hard earned cash, and game will keep running on "normal" difficulty.
The map will keep running for some time - at least until something better comes out (preferably a production-map - after all DF is "all about production-maps").

Lots of ppl are asking for our Discord server, and I encourage you all to join Discord whenever you can. There are two "main" channels in there; "FS19 txt channel" and "DF (voice) chanel". Link to our Discord server is found on this forum, under the "Server info" category (connection information).

Please feel free to comment below.

Cya all in game!

/JFK
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Sounds great j 😊
Posted Nov 29, 18
Votes:
+7
Admins
FS19 update v1.1.3 looks like the issue we having will be solved.
Still a beta if I look correkt
But this is what it contains
Description:
Fixed a rare blocker when creating a farm in multiplayer
Fixed block when entering vehicles after changing the inputs
Fixed sound with 7.1 headsets
Fixed saving mouse sensitivity
Fixed invert-y option for vehicle comeras
Fixed issues with Logitech force-feedback wheels (the centering force can now be configured in the Logitech Profiler (G25, G27) and the Logitech Gaming Software (G29, G920)
Fixed input conflicts when changing devices
There is no default mapping for unknown devices to avoid issues with constant menu and camera changes
Fixed some crashes with input devices
Fixed saving of sensitivity/deadzone of input devices
Added support for Logitech G29 and G920 gear shifter
Added support for Logitech G25
Added support for Thrustmaster T-GT and TS-XW
Fixed camera orientation with head tracking (e.g. Track IR)
Fixed cultivating and sowing contracts disappearing after accepting them
Posted Nov 29, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+221
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Online on Site
Can't see any fix for the "contractor-issue" there - or am I just blind?
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
Same 😞
Posted Nov 29, 18
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
Seems like I should be pretty happy that I didn't plug my wheel in just yet because it seems to me like they hardly tested the things! I'm sorry but to not be ready for major input devices such as the two most popular steering wheels used today. I blame the person in charge of system testing. (I'm a developer, so naturally it's the testers fault, right?) ;-)

Upon further review, this release of fixes screams to me of "low-hanging fruit", meaning fixes that were relatively easy and could be turned around quickly. I fear the issue J has come upon is rather complex and it might be a little while before we see a patch for that.
Posted Nov 29, 18
Votes:
+221
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Admins
Online on Site
https://forum.giants-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=967&t=133795&p=1052656#p1052656

And yes, there are quite a lot of bugs in here that makes me think they have done a REALLY SHITTY job testing this thing before release. Someone pointed out earlier "where is the beta-testers? Have you only tested in-house?"

Clearly steering-wheels are used by a TON of ppl :/
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP
Top Posters
NoticeNotices